Today is the day we celebrate Martin Luthur King Jr. He was a man that changed a nation and inspired a movement. His words inspired hope in a future where character mattered more than the color a persons skin. Unfortunately, his life ended too soon but his mark on the world would not be wiped away.
The words spoken over 5 decades ago are as relevant today as the day he spoke them. Here are 7 powerful quotes that should inspire and motivate you to make the world better and one day to see a world where color is not a denominator in determining equality.
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.”
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
- “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality.”
- “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.”
- “There comes a time when silence is betrayal.”
- “Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”